Monday 19 March 2012

Debt, The First 5,000 Years by David Graeber

Debt: The First 5,000 YearsDebt: The First 5,000 Years by David Graeber
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Pretty disappointed with this after reading all of it's rave reviews. I was hoping, I guess, for some more economic insight, and although some of the anthropology was fascinating I find it hard to extrapolate from studies of one Polynesian culture to ideas about the philosophy of debt around the world throughout modern history. Some Marxist analysis seemed to be brushed aside without enough examination. I had also hoped to get some insight into the current economic "debt crisis" or where we should go now as a society, but this wasn't the book for that unfortunately.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the volume of spam which some posts attract, all comments are moderated, which may cause a delay before they appear. Thank you for your patience.